Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Lovely But Ugly Weekend

Oh my goodness! I haven't blogged since Wednesday so I thought I would update you on what has happened this guilt-ish weekend. I opened Friday with opening arms! The week was stressful and tiring! Losing weight can do that, we all know! The thing is Friday I had to go to two parties! Ah! I know! Two parties full of junk food and snacks. Unfortanatley, I did eat lots. I felt very guilty! Saturday was such a nice day out so I decided since I ate so much unhealthy food the previous night I would get some extra exercise! Luckily it was one of the warmest days we've had in a long time! I pulled on a sweater instead of a jacket and went for a 60 minute bike ride. It was so very nice! I biked all around our small little town. The sun was shining and there was not a cloud in the sky! So anyways, when I came home from biking I spent the rest of the day outside. Who wouldn't when you just escaped a winter with -45 degree celsius weather! Later that night I went out to a friends and had a barbeque. I thought it would be nice to bring a little something for desert so I brought one of those fruit trays. It was so good! Not just talking about the fruit but the barbeque too! So after the amazing meal we sat and talked. I realized I was getting very sleepy, guessing it was from all that fresh air I consumed. Since I was so drousy I decided to go home. I again felt guilty with all the pleasurable food I ate. I woke up today to remember the time had changed so I had slept in longer than usual. I scavenged the fridge to find some breakfast. Fruit. I had brought the leftover fruit tray home from last night. Therefore I feasted on the marvelous fruit and enjoyed the cup of orange juice I had after. Boy, what a cheatful weekend, huh? Well I have decided to work out right after I finish updating you. I need to work off this guilty gut feeling. I am so dissapointed at how much I ate this weekend, though am pleased with the ammount of fruit I consumed. Hopefully your weekend was much less guilt defying than mine! Succeed together, fail together and conquer together! J.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you're going through - just remember that it's ok to indulge every once in a while - and the guilt is ok, as long as it's minimal - As long as you stay determined your efforts will pay off :)

    ReplyDelete